Friday, October 20, 2017

Fun Friday with Emily!

Hello everyone and welcome back to another Fun Friday!
Today I'm sharing an awesome card featuring one of our newest Spooky Unicorns!
I love this Mushrooms and Bats image and how you could take it in either the spooky route or the soft and gentle route.  I tried to do a little cross of both by putting the card into a dark scene with the large super moon coming up behind her, but also giving her a playfully colored mane and some shimmer.

For this card, I used my Prismacolor pencils.  With so much coloring and dimension, I find pencils are best for me since I have a lot more control over where the color goes.  And I can use a blending solution to smooth everything out once I'm done if I wish.

Once everything was colored, I layered the whole panel onto a black piece cut to the same size, but shifted them so they criss-cross.  Then layered these panels onto a Kraft mat that I added some brown colored embossing paste through a dot stencil onto.

The sentiment was white heat embossed right onto my unicorn panel and that finished the card! 

You have a little bit of time left to join in our current challenge to use brown or Kraft cardstock on your card!  I hope you will join in!!

Thanks for visiting!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment